Visa Information & Applications
The Consular office is open for visa applications and collections from Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 5.00pm
• Applicant must provide a valid passport for at least six months.
• Applicant must submit duly completed one (1) visa application form (pdf) in his/her own hand writing or in type.
• Applicant is required to provide two passport photographs with white background and both ears in view.
• Signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda.
• An invitation letter and/or confirmation of hotel accomodation booking.
• A Valid Criminal Record Certificate
• The visa process takes 3 working days (4 working days for Travel Documents) for a complete file.
• NOTE: Because of the increased number of applicants, people are advised to give themselves enough time between the date of travel and application.
Visa Exempt Countries
Below is the list of countries that DO NOT require visas to visit Rwanda. Please note that all must hold a valid passport for at least six months.
• Democratic Republic of Congo
• Hong Kong
• South Africa
• United Kingdom
• United States of America
Visa Application Payments
Payment Options: There are two payment options "cash at consulate"or "bank payment" (Bank payment info is below)
How to apply for a Visa?
Option 1. Click here to download a PDF Visa application form to submit to the mission in person or via post and for East Africa Tourist Visa; EAST AFRICA TOURIST VISA APPLICATION FORM.pdf and RWANDA VISA APPLICATION.pdf
Option 2. You can apply for a single entry visa online.
Click here to apply for a Visa online
Bank Account Information:
Embassy of The Republic of Rwanda
IBAN: TR35 0006 2000 4080 0009 0861 75
(Yıldız Şube) Ankara
(Please note that all enqueries about online visa applications should be addressed to the Directorate General of Immigration & Emigration in Kigali-Rwanda; www.migration.gov.rw)
Authorization allowing someone to pick up a passport:
• Provide a notarized letter.
• Provide a copy of I.D.
• Provide a proof of address.